While in the kitchen this morning I noticed that quite a few avocados were ripe all at once. So, I seized the opportunity to experiment with the rich and creamy profile of this super food while baking and fortunately this one kitchen experiment that worked!
Avocado Chocolate Bread
-1 1/2 Medium Ripe Avocados
-3 Tablespoons Dairy Free Spread
-1 Tablespoon Good Quality Vanilla Extract
-2 Tablespoons Nut Milk of Choice
-3 Tablespoons Honey
-2 Pastured Eggs, Room Temperature
-1/2 Cup Pecans, Roughly Chopped
-2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
-1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
-1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
-1 Heaping Teaspoon Baking Soda/Bicarbonate of Soda
-Dash of Salt
Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F and line a medium-sized loaf pan with parchment paper.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blender, or with a fork-blend or mash the avocado well. There should be as few lumps as possible when you are done.
2. To the avocado add the eggs, dairy-free spread, vanilla extract, nut milk, and honey. Combine all wet ingredients until well combined.
3. 1/2 Cup at a time, add the almond flour to the wet ingredients and combine.
4. Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until evenly incorporated.
5. Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix.
6. Using a spoon transfer the batter into the lined loaf pan. As the batter will be quite thick, you will need to use the back of the spoon or a spatula to smooth it out in the pan.
7. Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 1 hour before slicing.
Happy and healthy baking!